Friday, April 19, 2013

JDRF Walk for a Cure

First of all I want to start off by saying that my prayers are with everyone in Boston. My sister lives outside the city. I can only imagine the heartbreak and outreaching of a city coming together in tragedy. When these senseless things happen it is even more important for us to truly live our lives to the fullest. To always be a light in the dark, and to help when a hand is needed. I recently posted about passion. Once again we are reminded how important it is to be passionate about something and compassionate to those around us. JDRF is the cause closest to my heart. Reaching out to other T1D and helping raise money for a cure is what I want to do. Tuesday is my first support group meeting! I am very excited to meet a group of other T1D and see what their passion is! I also received support from my daughters principal to start working on a JDRF Walk for a Cure at her school next year!!! My husband and I are also going to be working on putting together a soccer tournament to support the cause. I want to make a difference. I want T1D kids to know how awesomely amazing they are! I want them to know there are people out there who truly care and want to find a cure. I want to bring awareness to this cause. There is so much misinformation out there that can make being a kid with diabetes hard. Let's all come together and do something good!! Small things turn into big things very quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment